Last Updated: 8/24/12
Why do we collect information? MatchRXchange collects information for necessary reasons. Pharmaceutical products and the legal right to engage in transactions involving pharmaceutical products is regulated under state and federal laws. Without the collection of confidential information relating to you and your organization, it would not be possible for the MatchRXchange website to provide the functionality to its users.
What information do we collect? We collect various types of information depending upon how you use our site.
- Before buying or selling prescription drugs on the MatchRXchange marketplace, you need to register. The registration process requires information pertaining to individual users and their applicable organizations.
- We’ll require your name, the legal name of your business, your business address, e-mail address, cell phone number, business phone number, business fax, DEA License number, State license number, NPI number, Sales tax receipt, pharmacy inspection report and controlled substance license.
Registration Requirements. To become a MatchRXchange authorized member, we require a cancelled check, a signed ACH form, a copy of your pharmacy license, DEA license, State license, Sales tax receipt, pharmacy inspection report and controlled substance license. This information is required to process your application. The personal information you provide is transmitted through a secure server using SSL encryption. This information is gathered to make your experience as an authorized user as quick and easy as possible. We also may ask for additional information. However, you have the option not to provide it.
- When you submit a question to our customer service, we need your e-mail address to respond. You also may provide us with additional information to help us answer your question.
- We also may receive some information about you from other sources and may add it to your account information. For example, we might get your updated address from a shipper or comments from a buyer.
- We may acquire customer lists from other parties so that we may invite new people to visit MatchRXchange. We do not distribute this list to any other party.
What are cookies and do we use them? A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard disk by your computer’s browser. It holds information a site may need to interact with you and personalize your experience. At MatchRXchange, we use two kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
- Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you exit your browser, they go away. We use session cookies to maintain information we need to have in order for you to make postings and purchases MatchRXchange. For example, the Session ID cookie that we ask your browser to hold retains the ID for your order. Without the Session ID cookie, you can’t add prescription drugs to your order and carry them to Checkout.
- Persistent cookies, in contrast, last from visit to visit; they do not go away when you exit your browser. At MatchRXchange, we are preparing to use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized learning experience and to help you navigate our site more efficiently. We will use your information to enhance your site experience. However, you can use our site without accepting a persistent cookie. To do so, you should set your browser options to reject persistent cookies. Alternatively, you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, which gives you the opportunity to decide whether you want to accept it or not. In many instances, the Help button on your browser toolbar will tell you how you can take these steps.
Cookies can be used by a website to recognize you. But that does not necessarily mean any personal information is stored in the cookies. At MatchRXchange, we store no personal information about you in the cookies. Anything you choose to tell us about yourself (such as your address and email address) is stored safely and separately on our secured servers, and you need to provide a password to access it.
Cookies help us develop an understanding of how our customers use our website so that we can continue to improve the arrangement, product offerings, and merchandise placement you see at MatchRXchange.
Some of our trusted third party partners employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs). Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Generally, these clear gifs are not tied to your personal information. We have no access or control of these third party clear gifs.
How Do We Use Your Information? We may use your information in a number of ways, including the following:
- To enhance you’re online experience. For example, we may use it to recognize you and welcome you to the site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we send out e-mail and direct mail to our online and registered members about products or events that we think may be of interest to them.
- Process transactions
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
- Comply with legal requirements
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services or to comply with with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements
- If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com.
Do we share your information? Your information might be shared with third parties, including responsible companies with which we have a relationship. For example:
- Some of our vendors may work closely with us to create a vendor shop within the MatchRXchange site or to ship your order directly to you.
- MatchRXchange may team with another website to conduct an event (e.g., a live web chat). In those cases, each of the participating websites may collect or receive personal information from you.
- For some of our products, MatchRXchange may provide you with a link to the supplier of that product so that you may get further information. If you link to the supplier’s site, the supplier may collect or receive information about you.
- Like other companies, MatchRXchange may use an outside company to place its advertising banners or links on other sites. In certain cases, the advertiser may collect information on people who click on the banner or link.
Third Party Privacy Policies. In most of the above situations, these third parties will receive your information because you will be visiting their websites or using their links and, in doing so, you may provide information directly to them. You therefore should refer to their privacy policies to understand how they handle your information and what kinds of choices you have.
MatchRXchange Vendors. MatchRXchange also may share your personal information with outside companies that perform services for MatchRXchange. For example, we may retain an outside company to manage a database containing certain customer information or to create and distribute an e-mail offering. In those situations, the outside party is performing work for MatchRXchange, and MatchRXchange takes appropriate steps designed to ensure your information is used only to provide the services requested by MatchRXchange, and not for other purposes including their own marketing purposes.
Legal Compliance. Additionally, MatchRXchange may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law or to protect our interests or property and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents or government agencies in connection with issues related to fraud, credit or debt collection.
Assignments, Mergers, and Divestitures. In the event that some or all of the business assets of MatchRXchange are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information about our customers. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Testimonials. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What choices do you have regarding the use of your information?
We provide you with a number of choices regarding our handling of your personal information.
If you do not want to receive marketing e-mails from MatchRXchange please e-mail customer service at change email@example.com.
Or, to opt-out of marketing e-mails, you can click on the unsubscribe link and hit send at the bottom of any MatchRX e-mail communication.
Note: Once you have submitted your request you should assume that it has been successfully received and your request is being processed. Please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
If you prefer to, you may contact MatchRX by phone at 248-971-0909, toll free at 1-877-590-0808, fax 248-971-0910, or by mail at MatchRXchange ATTN: Privacy, 210 E. Third St. Ste. 100 Royal Oak Michigan, 48067 to notify us of your request. Again, please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to process your removal.
Because customer lists often are prepared well in advance of an offering (sometimes 3-4 months before the offer is made), you may continue to receive some offers after you send us a request not to use your information for specified marketing purposes. We appreciate your patience and understanding in giving us time to carry out your request.
If you choose to write to us, please include your name, address and state “NO THIRD PARTY SHARING” in your request.
Can I access my information? If you are a registered user of MatchRXchange, you can update or delete your information by contacting customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 248-971-0909.
Is my information secure? MatchRXchange is committed to doing its best to maintain the security of information collected on our site. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Private account and customer information is located on a secured server behind a firewall; it is not directly connected to the Internet.
Encryption is a process by which a message or information is scrambled while it is in transit to MatchRXchange. It is based on a key that has two different parts, public and private. The public part of the key is distributed to those with whom you want to communicate. The private part is for the recipient’s use only. So long as you use a browser that allows for encryption, when you send personal information to us, you use a public key to encrypt your personal information. If your information is intercepted during the transmission, it is scrambled and very difficult to decrypt. Once we receive your encrypted personal information, we use the private part of our key to decode it.
When you enter sensitive information (such as DEA License number, State License number and NPI number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can e-mail us at email@example.com.